DECEMBER 2020 (VOL. 158)
Yakisoba is a classic Japanese fried noodles.
I kept the recipe very simple using a minimum ingredients. Of course you can use meat (or seafood) and veggies of your choice!!! I hope you get an idea how to make it 💕
Difficulty: Very Easy
Time: 15 minutes
Number of servings: 2
2 packages Yakisoba noodles (steamed Chuka noodles)
100g (3.5oz.) thinly sliced pork rib
200g (7oz.) cabbage
4 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. Tenkasu (crunchy bits of deep fried flour-batter)
*if you like
Aonori (green laver)
Beni Shoga (red pickled ginger)
- Cut pork into bite-size pieces. Thinly cut the cabbage.
- Put frying pan on medium, place the Yakisoba noodles and cook for 2 minutes. Shake to release the noodles, cook for 3 minutes, remove form the pan and set aside.
- Cook the pork until done, add cabbage, sprinkle with Tenkasu (if you like), then cover with the noodles and steam for 2 minutes.
- Mix well and season with Worcestershire sauce.
- Serve on a dish, sprinkle with Aonori, and garnish with Beni Shoga.
You can also top with mayonnaise and/or Katsuobushi (bonito flakes) if you like.