OCTOBER 2019 (VOL. 146)
3-Ingredient Japanese Crème Caramel
3-Ingredient Crème Caramel
Difficulty: Very Easy
Time: 30 mins + cooling time
Number of servings: 4 100ml Microwavable Glass Cups
・3 tbsp. sugar
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Strain through a strainer into the cups.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Add water in the pan (about a half-inch across the bottom of the cups).
- Cover the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 min. Stop the heat (do not open the lid) and steam for 10 min. with the remaining heat.
- If you need caramel, you can put it on top then put it in the fridge until cold.
Note: If you want to slip out the pudding, grease the cups with oil or butter.
Caramel recipe: Mix 2 tbsp. sugar and 2 tbsp. water in a saucepan by tilting the pan. Simmer until the sauce is browned. (Do not mix with a spoon or the sugar will recrystallize.) Add 1 tbsp. water to stop hardening.